Sunday, September 2, 2012

QR Codes

One thing that I learned from my first class working on this ed tech Masters was how awesome it is to create QR codes.  As I was working on my information for our curriculum night on Tuesday, I decided that I would create a QR code with my e-mail, phone number, and school website and put it on the handout.  Anyone with a QR reader on their phone then has all my information at their fingertips.  Here is an example of how I put it on my handout:

 


Here are a few different sites to try out.  The first is just for individual information and you can get a WHOLE bunch of fun stuff with your QR Code on it and the second allows you to create a contact QR code for something like what I did.

QRStuff

ZXing Project

Other ideas for all this QR code stuff is to create QR codes with clues around the building and send kids on a scavenger hunt that uses QR codes to tell them where to go next.  This if you have iPod touches or iPads in your classroom you can use something like this around your classroom where kids have to identify symbols and see if they are right or not.  There are a bunch of fun ways to use it, but I thought that the most practical and not scary was for basic contact information.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment