Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The best... FREE App... I've ever downloaded!!!!

If you are like me with technology, you are always using it in your classroom for various things.  As a music teacher I am big on the idea of multimedia... I show tons of pictures, let them listen to lots of music (go figure), show lots of videos, and use my iPad to display just about everything under the sun.

This is where Doceri comes in...


Here's the App's icon so you know you got the right one!!

I admit to you right now that I use Doceri EVERY DAY in my classroom.  I've got an iPad and an AppleTV set up in my room, and Doceri is open all the time.  The kids even know how to use it because I have them edit things on it.  I have also used Doceri to flip my classroom for the recorder, recording myself teaching the songs to the kids so they can learn it at home and come to school to test  or get some refining help.  I have also used Doceri to teach a lesson to leave for a sub... yup... I gave the sub the youTube link and she pressed play... no sub plan needed!!

Here is a list of a few ways you can use Doceri:

1. Use it as a white board... only mobile because you can hand it to a student to write on.
2. Take a picture of a piece of music or a text and use Doceri's markers/highlighters/shapes... to annotate it.
3. Record a lesson where you are writing on the "board" and post it for parents or for students to get extra help.
4. Record a lesson for a kid who was absent!!
5. Create a slide show with a voice over... or have the KIDS create a slideshow with a voice over!
6. Use the staff background to compose music as a class!!

and my personal favorite....
7. Have your iPad on Airplay... stand in the hall where the kids can't see you after their teacher dropped them off... and write messages like "STOP talking" and "I'm watching you!!!!" for them... totally freaks all of them out.


Screen shot off of the Apple iTunes site!

Seriously, this is something that I use very often and it is free, so get excited and try it out... it changed my teaching... and made it sooooo much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment