Saturday, August 24, 2013

A new year!!

We can't believe that this school year is already here!  I'm kind of still in denial about the whole thing, wishing that next Monday I can hit my snooze button about fifteen times and act like I've got nowhere to be... but no such luck!!  What made the start a bit more rough is that the air conditioning in the school broke.  I don't claim to have it worse than any of you teachers who teach with absolutely no air all year, but it was rough... especially dancing around with the 1st graders and having sweat roll down my back.

We played various games on the first day of school and then went over rules and expectations for the rest of the time.  The biggest hit of the week though, was the classes that got to watch the video I saw someone post of the "Cup Song"... which is a fun song that all the kids know... I know the whiskey part is sketchy, but... I usually talk over them during that part so they don't hear it.  The kids thought this video was great though, so check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment