Thursday, July 24, 2014

Getting Ready for the 2014-2015 School Year!!

The first thing that I wanted to do this year is look back on my blog from last year... and then I was somewhat mad at myself!!!!  Here is what I wrote last year at this time:

Goals for 2013-2014 School Year

1. Send home access to the final projects of at least two grade levels. (i.e. the songs that they record, etc.)

2. Post on professional blog (this one) at least once a month.

3. Have 5th Grade Students on edmodo from the beginning of the year.

4. Finish the school music page!!!!!!!!  (I've been slowly but surely getting this done, but I keep forgetting to finish)


Number 1: DID IT!!!  I posted the kids' final projects online at my school blog, and it was received very well by my parents, which made me super happy!!

Number 2: ........ nope.

Number 3: This started out well, but I admit that it fizzled out...  However, I think that I've figured out how to do similar things without the avenue of edmodo, which makes me happy!!

Number 4: This comes with a whole bunch of background to it, and I admit that it didn't get done... but the reasons were out of my control.

Now... with that said, new goals for the 2014-2015 school year:

1. Keep up with School Blog, posting at least once a week like last year!

2. Start posting at least once a month on professional blog.

3. Post all assessments self created on Mastery Connect for other teacher access.

4. Plan quarters at a time for grade levels, getting everything ready that is possible, including playlists, copying, etc.

So, there you have it, my first post of the new school year.  Next post will be about the AMAZING iPad app, iDoceo, which I plan on using all school year as my planning and grade book, and I'm super crazy excited about it based on all that I've been doing with it this summer in prep for the upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment