Wednesday, August 27, 2014

iDoceo... the best 7.99 I ever spent in my life!!!

My new favorite app in the entire universe.... iDoceo.  I've even got my P.E. teacher hooked!

As a specials teacher it is SOOOOOO hard to keep track of over 700 kids, plans for 5 different grade levels, grades for all those kids, and the logistics of school (1W goes to P.E. from music on Monday, but 2M comes from LRC to music on Thursday).  I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

You need to check out the website to see everything, but I can tell you that just two weeks into school and I'm already so glad that I purchased the 7.99 app for my school's iPad.  If you aren't convinced... I can give you ten things right now that I LOVE about it.

1. I can search the name of a kid in the home screen and it takes me to them in the grade book in their class... without actually typing in the whole name.

2. I can put student's pictures into their class seating chart to learn names.

3. I can add things like pretests and icon notes (smiley face/sad face, etc.) into the grade book without it counting for their grade.

4. 700 kids can actually fit in the app!

5. I can lesson plan within the app, and it allows me to bump all lessons forward or back if needed because of a forgotten field trip or assembly.

6.  I can attach power points, songs, pics, etc. to each lesson via DropBox and other cloud services.

7.  You can back up your data to the iPad AND a cloud service.

8.  I can pick a random student, put a class into pairs, put a class into groups of three... all with the touch of a button.

9. I can flag a student or change the color of their name box to alert me about medical issues AND put the notes within that student's profile.

10.  It makes teaching EASIER for me... It's all in one place.

Please check out the link to the website and learn more about it... AND go get it in the app store!

No comments:

Post a Comment